if you close your eyes right before the train hits, your brain will think that you have died. some people find calmness in this.
I always reblog this I just love it so much
okay listen. A train is coming towards you. You close your eyes. The train stops coming towards you. You haven’t died. Your brain is really freaking relieved that the train is not coming towards you anymore. That’s why you feel calm. Brains aren’t so stupid that they think you’ve died just because everything is black. It might have felt a bit stressed by seeing that there is a large vehicle travelling towards you, because sometimes it can have problems with understanding things outside of you and telling what’s real and what isn’t. But your brain perfectly aware that your heart is still beating and your lungs are still breathing and blood is still travelling around your body. That’s it’s job. You don’t feel calm because you “died”, you feel calm because you’re ALIVE.
Can we stop glorifying suicidal thoughts now please?
No matter what happens, you will always have an ancient part right in the middle of your human brain, somewhere that you have no access to, that wants nothing more than for you to stay alive.
The strongest ‘pound for pound’ muscle is the uterus: it weighs around 2 pounds but during childbirth can exert a downward force of 400 Newtons, which is one hundred times as strong as gravity and equivalent to the power in a fully extended modern longbow.
I need masculism because I am afraid.
you should be
Bold what applies to you:
- I have/had piercings besides the ears.
- I want piercings besides the ears.
- I have a scar.
- I tan easily.
- I wish my hair was a different colour.
- I have friends who have never seen my natural hair color.
- I have/want a tattoo.
- I can be self-conscious about my appearance.
- I have/had braces
- I have more than two piercings.
- Disney movies still make me cry sometimes.
- I’ve laughed so hard I’ve cried.
- I’ve glued my hand to something.
- I’ve laughed until some kind of beverage came out of my nose.
- I’ve had my pants rip in public.
- I’ve touched something sharp/hot/etc to see if it would hurt.
- I’ve broken or dislocated a bone.
- I have sprained my knee.
- I’ve had my tonsils removed.
- I’ve had my wisdom teeth removed.
- I’ve had chicken pox.
- I’ve been to Florida.
- I’ve driven/ridden over 200 kilometres in one day.
- I’ve been on a plane.
- I’ve been to California.
- I’ve been to Asia.
- I’ve been to Africa
- I’ve been to Niagara Falls.
- I’ve been to Vanuatu or the Mystery Islands.
- I’ve been to the Caribbean.
- I’ve been to Europe.
- I’ve gotten lost in my city.
- I’ve seen a shooting star.
- I’ve wished on a shooting star.
- I’ve seen a meteor shower.
- I’ve gone out in public in my pajamas.
- I’ve pushed all the buttons on an elevator.
- I’ve slapped someone.
- I’ve kissed someone underwater.
- I’ve chugged something.
- I’ve crashed a car.
- I’ve been skiing.
- I’ve been in a musical.
- I’ve auditioned for something.
- I’ve been on stage.
- I’ve caught a snowflake on my tongue.
- I’ve sat on a rooftop at night.
- I’ve pranked someone.
- I’ve ridden in a taxi.
Honesty / Crime
- I’ve been threatened to be arrested.
- I’ve done something I promised someone I wouldn’t.
- I’ve done something I promised myself I wouldn’t.
- I’ve snuck out.
- I’ve lied about my whereabouts.
- I’ve cheated while playing a game.
- I’ve been in a fist fight.
- I’m afraid of dying.
- I hate funerals.
- I’ve seen someone/something die.
- Someone close to me has attempted/committed suicide.
- I have attempted suicide.
- I’ve thought about suicide before.
- I’ve written a eulogy for myself.
- I own over 5 rap CD’s.
- I’m obsessed with anime/manga.
- I collected comic books.
- I own a lot of makeup.
- I own something from Pac Sun.
- I own something from The Gap.
- I own something I got on E-Bay.
- I own something from Abercrombie.
- I thrive on compliments.
- I thrive on hate.
- I’ve stolen a tray from a fast food restaurant.
- I open up to others easily.
- I watch the news occasionally or always.
- I don’t like to kill bugs.
- I sing in the shower.
- I’m a morning person.
- I’m a sports fanatic.
- I twirl my hair.
- I care about grammar.
- I love to spam friends.
- I’ve copied more than 30 CD’s in a day.
- I bake well.
- My favourite colour is either white, yellow, pink, blue, red, black, purple, or orange.
- I would wear pajamas to school.
- I like Martha Stewart.
- I laugh at my own jokes.
- I eat fast food
- I can’t sleep if there’s a spider in the room.
- I’m really ticklish.
- I like white chocolate.
- I bite/used to bite my nails.
- I’m good at remembering names.
- I’m good at remembering dates.
- I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.
- ..used to ask if I was anorexic/bulimic.
- ..called me fat.
- ..have said I’m skinny.
- ..have said I’m ugly.
- ..have said I’m pretty.
- ..have spread rumors about me.
- ..force me to eat.
- ..say I eat too much.
- ..say I eat too little.
- I’ve lost weight.
- I’ve gained weight.
- I’m at my thinnest.
- I’m at my biggest.
- I’ve lost weight and kept it off.
- I’ve lost weight, but gained it back.
- My weight affects my mood.
- I diet.
- I am/was a vegan/vegetarian.
- I exercise.
- I’ve fainted from exhaustion.
- I’ve been diagnosed with an eating disorder (self diagnosed, since yeah I can tell).
- I’ve sworn at my parents.
- I’ve planned to run away from home before.
- I’ve run away from home.
- I have a sibling less than one year old.
- I want kids in the future.
- I’ve had kids.
- I’ve lost a child.
- I’m engaged.
- I’m married.
- I’m single.
- I’ve gone on a blind date.
- I have/had a friend with benefits.
- I miss someone right now.
- I have a fear of abandonment.
- I’ve gotten divorced.
- I’ve had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back.
- Someone has/had feelings for me when I didn’t have them back.
- I’ve told someone I loved them when I didn’t.
- I’ve told someone I didn’t love them when I did.
- Someone’s told you they loved you when you didn’t love them back.
- I’m a cuddler.
- I’ve been kissed in the rain.
- I’ve hugged a stranger.
- I’ve kissed a stranger.
- I regularly drink.
- I can’t swallow pills.
- I can swallow numerous pills at a time without difficulty.
- I’ve been diagnosed with depression at some point.
- I have/had anxiety problems.
- I shut others out when I’m upset.
- I don’t have anyone to talk to when I’m upset about something personal.
- I have taken/take anti-depressants.
- I’ve slept an entire day before.
“I was raised around a lot of artists, musicians, photographers, painters and people that were in theatre. Just having the art-communal hippie experience as a child, there wasn’t a clear line that was drawn. We celebrated creative experience and creative expression. We didn’t try and curtail it and stunt any of that kind of growth.”